- Create New Customer
- Search for Customer
- Choose New
- Complete all relevant fields on General, Invoicing and Payments tabs
2. Create Ship To Address
- On the Customer Card, go to Menu, Navigate, Ship To Addresses
- Create new Ship To Address code
- This will be the code used by the Commercial team when allocating pallets (Allocated Delivery Point)
3. Point Mappings
- Search for Point Mappings
- Choose a Freight Point (from Linc Lookup Values)
- Select Customer as the Mapping Type
- Map the freight point to a Mapping Parent No. (Customer No.)
- Select a Mapping Code (a Ship-to Code that is linked to the selected Customer No. in Mapping Parent No.) Mapping Name will auto-populate.
- Region Code and Country Code are optional fields for Customer Freight Points. If values are defined, these values are used to update the Next Freight Point Region and Current Freight Point Region of pallet lines that are allocated to the Freight Point when the related Freighter Trip Leg is set as Departed and Arrived.
- Consignee No. and Notify Party No. are also not mandatory, but can be defined where default values can be linked to a Customer Freight Point. During pallet line container population, the default consignee and notify party is added to the Container. These fields have a lookup to Business Central's Contacts master data, and values must first be set up in Contacts.
|Freight Point||Mapping Type||Mapping Parent No.||Mapping Code||Mapping Name||Region Code||Country Code||Consignee No.||Notify Party No.|
4. Set up Document Layouts per Customer
- On the Customer Card, go to Menu, Navigate, Document Layouts
- Set up email addresses for each of the following, should you wish to send documents via email:
a) Produce Trade Invoice (Report ID 50073)
b) Produce Trade Credit Memo (Report ID 50072)
c) Customer Statement (Report ID 50085)
- Email addresses should be separated by ; and can be up to 200 characters